Composer, performance artist, improvisator. Born in Ufa, Bashkortostan Republic, Russia.
Studied composition, piano, conducting at Special Music College in Ufa.
Proceeded as a composer at Moscow State Conservatory with a professor Yuri Kasparov (2010 - 2015). Since October 2015 studies master program in composition with Prof. Johannes Schöllhorn in Hochschule für Musik und Tanz Köln. Winner of international competitions, such as:
- Frederic Mompou International Award of the 36th Young composer competition for saxophone quartets in Barcelona, Spain (2015), Third international Competition of Moscow Conservatory for composing a mandatory piece for Winds (2011) etc.
- Nominee of Gaudeamus Prize 2013 (The Netherlands).
- Finalist of the biggest independent national Russian award in contemporary art “Kandinsky Prize” 2014 (with her musical performance “The Mirror of Galadriel”).
- Scholar of Berlin-Stipendium 2016 of Academy of Arts for 3-months residence in Berlin.
- Chosen to present Russia during ISCM-World Music Days 2016 in Tongyeong, South Korea.
- Invited to participate in ECLAT festival in February 2016 with the musical performance «The Mirror of Galadriel».
Her music is being played in France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Finland, Israel, Russia. Elena is a constant participant of international music festivals and courses, such as: WIEN-Modern Festival in Austria (2015), VertixeVIGO festival in Spain (2015), Summer Academy Schloss Solitude with Chaya Czernowin, Ming Tsao and Rebecca Saunders (2015); Summer Academy of Tzlil Meudcan Festival in Israel with Pierluigi Billone, Dimitri Kourliandski and Nikel Ensemble (2015); 47th International Music Festival 2014 in Darmstadt; Impuls Academy (2013, 2015), Donaueschinger Musiktage 2013, Moscow Ensemble Academy (2012, 2013, 2014) and others.
Participant of master-classes with: Franck Bedrossian, Pierluigi Billone, Chaya Czernowin, Beat Furrer, Francesco Filidei, Filippe Leroux, Marc Andre, Klaus Lang, Peter Ablinger, Richard Barrett, Louis Andriessen, Johannes Kreidler, Dmitri Kourliandski, Clemens Gadenstätter, Jean-Luc Hérve, Antoine Beuger, Manon-Liu Winter, Frank Gratkowski, Georg Nussbaumer.
Elena is a quite experimental composer, she works in different areas of music and art: musical performances; pieces for specially built instruments and objects; pieces for found objects; works containing musical theatre elements; works with components of choreography; pieces for non-specified instrumentation; verbal and game-like scores; pieces including analogue devices, prepared instruments; chamber and symphonic music; scores for performers-improvisators etc.